Friday, October 31, 2008

The System, I Fixed It!

I sold a car a while back and made the huge mistake of not keeping the license plates from it. The new owner has a bad habit of driving through a toll booth about once or twice a month, and I kept having to fill out and send in TXDOT notifications of title transfer. The new owner would continue driving on my old tags, and get another toll bill, and I would get the tab for it. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I got tired of this nonsense, and wrote a letter to the CTRMA/MSB people about how they were mistreating an innocent taxpayer, costing me time and money etc. and never heard back from them. The same day, I wrote to Texas Senator Kirk Watson. He didn't care for it, either, and got in contact with them.

Today I got a call from the CTRMA saying they were instituting a change in the system for people similarly situated, so the bills will theoretically not be going to former car owners. This was something they didn't have any way to track, and now the robots are going to be told to do it differently. We'll see how well it works, but remember this if nothing else:

Contacting your Elected Heroes can yield results. Don't forget they work for you and don't be scared. The system sucks sometimes but it can be changed without even shooting at anyone.

Until the revolution comes, work to reform the system from within.

No comments: