Monday, December 1, 2008

The Onslaught Has Begun.

The day after Thanksgiving, when we took off for my Dad's house, the radio was tuned to the 24-hour Christmas music channel.

Pet Peeve #1: Christmas is not a verb. You cannot Christmas, and I am not Christmasing with you.

Pet Peeve #2: Whining into a microphone does not make you a great conveyor of emotion in song.

********

There are maybe a dozen songs I care to hear on, and perhaps a day or two before, Christmas. You can not fill 24 hours a day for a solid month with a dozen songs done well, or even moderately listenable Christmas music. My Darling Wife enjoys it all, however, so I endeavor to keep my fat yap shut. Do not be surprised if more of this type of post pop up before Christmas... one of the main reasons I write here is to spare her ears. Read it or not, this is one of my steam vents.

No comments: