Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Pretty Good Argument Against Bailing Out Chrysler: Cerberus.

Cerberus Capitol Management has approximately a gajillion and a half dollars' worth of assets and cash laying about. They also have lost a few (million? billion? who cares about chump change) dollars in the form of a smallish company that makes cars in the USA. Why Cerberus is not required to pay its own bills is a question that, apparently, is Bad to ask. Call your legislator and ask.

edit/update: I called my legislators. McCaul's phone answering man Rob had 30 seconds to spare to let me pull his ear, after telling me Cornyn is agin' the bailout. The monkey answering the phone for cornyn gave me short shrift and I didn't even get a chance to say my humorous anti-bailout jokes. Hutchison's office was busy in DC, so I called their local office and they didn't kick me off the phone but didn't give a position stance. Oh well. Go call your legislators!

No comments: