Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quelle Damme!

My Darling Wife's drivers license expired on her birthday and we didn't notice until we went to the bank to conduct some business. After finding it out, she refused on general principle to drive without a current license. Today we finally got around to the DPS drivers license facility in Austin (much nicer, now it's not drivers licensing and everything else in one building BTW) and got her license renewal done.

She asked if, now that she has her license again, she could drive. It was a bit of a silly question, as I consider a drivers license an annoying formality bordering on infringement of rights AND we were using her car anyhow. Sure you can drive if you want to.

I went around to the back and helped #2 get his seat belt straightened out and got in the passenger seat. When I got there, my Darling Wife says 'now that I've got my license again, I want you to drive.' sigh. Let it never be said that a woman is not changeable, but still

vive la difference!

No comments: