Wednesday, October 27, 2010

EEEEEeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

The other day I got a machine in to the shop that looked pretty nice. Turns out, not so much. It eventually ended up on eBay for parts/repair. I was pretty happy about that, because this machine and I got off on the wrong foot.

This is a wrapping system. You put in a tray of raw meat and it wraps, seals, weighs, prices and tags the package. Very spiffing.

Photobucket

The side panel was off when I got it, so I had a peek inside. Okay, some excess stretch film, not unexpected . . .

Photobucket

Squat down and look in the window on the lower part of the machine, more stretch film . . .

Photobucket

Hey, what's that over there on the left? Let's grab a flashlight and have a little looky-poo . . .

.

.

.

.

.

OH! zOMGWTFGROSS!!!!11!!!

Photobucket

That right there is just wrong. It looks like what used to be 1/2 pound of animal flesh, mummified by the cool air of the meat packing area. Icky. In order to protect the reputation of Walmart, I won't say where this machine used to be in service.

Oh, and it stank when the sealer warmed up. Like warm fat.

No comments: