Monday, October 18, 2010

A WEEK?!! Aww Hail Noh! Oh, Wait.

My Darling Wife reported static on the line and trouble making phone calls all day today. She put in a trouble call and The Phone Co. ran a test on the line. They told her it could be as long as ALL WEEK to get it fixed if there were a problem with their end of the lines.

VFD was not amused. I was ready to call them up and give them a piece of my mind. Then I checked the phone. Characteristic noise was heard. Turns out the filter to keep the DSL noise off the POTS* line was too close to a power supply. I moved the filter.

So uh, er, it's a good thing I didn't go ballistic on The Phone Co. then, eh?

********

*That's right, a land line in 2010 in a major city in the USA. The last time the lights went out, who called The Power Co. to report the outage when the wireless networks were all down and your fancy cell and VOIP lines were all kaput? That would be me. You're welcome.

No comments: