Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Is Dumb

Today was Sunday. We went to church. Then we came home, had supper, and went to bed just like every other Sunday.

You're not a pagan. You don't even believe in wicked spirits. You otherwise don't teach your children to beg (I hope) from the neighbors . . . so what good is there in Halloween, aside from the benefit to the candy and costume makers? Halloween is dumb in America in 2010.

Besides which some people get dumb on Halloween. I'd be interested in going on a ride-out with an Austin policeman on Halloween, but I prefer to be home to provide physical security on the off chance somebody decides to be dumb towards my house. If I were in a different part of town, Mr. Gauge would be loaded and handy right now. As it is I feel safe enough with God looking out for us and Big Brother and Little Brother within easy reach.

No comments: