Sunday, October 10, 2010

To Protect And Serve The Community

That was my theme basically all day today.

My entire family has a cold or minor flu or something. We have a couple of people in our church with major (major as in, "we hope you live") surgeries upcoming. We sat out the whole day of services to do our part to protect them from getting sick before going under the knife.

This afternoon for about four hours I combined a half dozen or so routine maintenance services with baby sitting services. I was working on my Darling Wife's car with the efficiency-killing "help" of #1 and #2. Explaining things as you go along has got to be the slowest way of getting work done, but get it done we did. #2 made progress getting over his fear of sliding under a car by hating to have #1 show him up when she went under there like nothing. My Darling Wife reports that the car now drives much nicer. After all that hassle, I hope so.

No comments: