Wednesday, November 10, 2010

If You Drive Like This, You STINK!

Today I almost saw a pretty bad wreck. Coming out of my undivided two lane 30MPH neighborhood, there is a stop sign and the street dumps out into a divided four lane road where traffic is pretty reliably 50MPH. There is a left turning lane available, but people have a blind spot there or something and hardly anyone uses it. It is customary to wait minutes for someone to feel comfortable with a huuuuge gap on both sides of the street before they will go.

This morning I pulled up behind an old Eldorado with an old lady in it, and my spidey senses went off and said not to honk at her. She looked . . . looked . . . looked . . . looked . . . looked . . . then started looking back and forth faster, looklooklooklooklook and she was off like a shot . . . and almost smack into a t-bone with a RED F-150. Facepalm action would have ensued were I not hot on her tail driving down the road.

Look, I'm for cautious driving. I'm for waiting until you are comfortable with the gaps in traffic. But please, how about you don't go and spoil my morning commute by making me a first-responder/witness to your fatal wreck because you missed a HUGE RED TRUCK coming your way. Please? Kthanks.

No comments: