Monday, November 1, 2010

Madness @ Work

RB was feeling froggy today. Throwing things. Light things, but still throwing things. I was walking along minding my own [deleted] business when I caught the hard (binding-edge) corner of a notepad to the back of my forearm. RB, previously jovial and walking gaily a few paces behind me, stopped dead in his tracks. I could almost hear his been-in-prison-before brains start saying "ohshitIjustpeggedhimwiththatanditlookedlikeithurtohshitwhat'sVFDgonnadoaboutitohshitohshitohshit"

Fortunately for RB, I am a daddy and cannot be annoyed by mere tomfoolery. I picked up his pad and slung it right back at him. Its pages flared out like he was probably expecting when he threw it at me, and the flapping bundle of paper splatted harmlessly against his belly. I said "Don't throw shit at people, RB!" and resumed my original course.

Hint: if you aren't at least 95% sure somebody isn't going to stick something pointy into your brains via your sphenoid bone, it is probably best not to throw things at them, if there is a remote possibility of said thing impacting that somebody's body in painful fashion. Just FYI.

********

Oh, wait this happened at work! Where's my lawyer? Where's my camera? It almost left a mark! I'll be rich!

No comments: