Thursday, November 25, 2010

Update: Temporary (?) Good News!

You may recall that we were losing a lovely little section of woods behind our house. I noted that the workmen didn't come back after the weekend to finish the job. There was a note on our door that they were not going to continue the clearing until further notice. One of the neighbors said something about destroying wildlife habitat and that was enough to kill the project, for now.

I'm happier to have coons, 'possums, pigeons, cardinals, and mosquitos than I am to have a view of the neighbors, so whatever. I guess my tax dollars are going to be used for an environmental impact study here shortly, if the City wants to keep clearing out the ditch. I hope not - I hope they decide to just leave it. It's not hurting anybody and not clearing it saves the city probably a few thousand bucks. We'll see.

No comments: