Monday, November 8, 2010

Instant Customers For Life! Only $0.01! Click For Details!

I had the parking lot patrol duty at church yesterday. I was feeling tired and hungry, so before my watch I went to the stop & rob next door to get a Snickers. Last time I went to this store, I looked for two minutes before asking if they had any Snickers, only to see them just as I was asking the woman behind the counter. The lady behind the counter was nice about it, and I was on my way. Fast forward a couple of months, and I went in for another Snickers. I went straight for them this time, and the lady saw me from behind her counter, remembered, smiled, and greeted me cheerfully. The dude that works there (her husband?) was also behind the counter. He picked up on her vibe and rang me up . . . Price: $0.89. Total with tax: $0.96. Tendered: $1. Change given: $0.05. Words said: 0.

This guy just gave me a 1% discount for no good reason, beside that his wife liked to see me. I was going to drop the nickel into their 'need/take a penny' box but I didn't see one. I decided right then & there to instead always prefer them over the other gas stations on that strip of street, because they were cool to me.

Be nice to your customers. Maybe even cut the repeat customers some slack on a penny here and there . . . you never know, you just might generate a customer-for-life. They did.

No comments: