Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thanks, Jerk.

I'm sure a dispute of some sort will be filed, but this sort of thing chaps my hide. It doesn't surprise me, but it does make me angry a very little bit. My company got a negative feedback on ebay. This has huge potential financial consequences for us. The comment with the negative was that we had charged for shipping AFTER we said the item came with free shipping. So I clicked through to see the item.



That's the only place it shows or says anything about free shipping. Being a rather more inquisitive sort than the individual who left us the feedback, I looked around for some more information about shipping terms. In the center of the ad, under and in line with the ad text, in 1/4" high bold, high-contrast letters, we see: "Shipping" and scroll down farther. First item: We ship Monday-Friday. Okay, keep looking . . . ah, here it is: Free Shipping is to the contiguous 48 states only.

And for this, they give us a negative. FROM PUERTO RICO! You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him not be a fool.

2 comments:

KurtP said...

You don't sell any decent GMS phones there, do you?

I'm looking for something basic and bulletproof like my CU-500- but the cam is going out.

Vote For David said...

GMS? GSM? We've sometimes got a few landline corporate network-type phone systems, but cell phones are usually scrap by the time we get them. The printers were a special deal that turned into a win-win for our client and our customers (until they have to buy ink . . . stiking inkjet)

You have a cam in your phone? How many horsepower did it give you? :D