Tuesday, March 15, 2011

FINALLY the New Computer is Done!

For a couple of weeks now off-and-on I've been working on el computador nuevo, getting it ready to be the computer at the house. I was -->.<-- this close to getting new case fans for it, because the fan noise was giving my Darling Wife a headache and keeping her up. I even went so far as to swap in the superquiet fan from the back of el viejo. Then I came to a wonderful realization: this motherboard isn't a Dell, it has options! The processor fan was the noisy [deleted] really mucking up the quietness of the living room . . . and I found the setting in the BIOS to turn on the processor fan gradually, starting at higher-than-ambient temperatures. Now the computer is acceptably quiet.

Success. Finally. I've built them from scratch and programmed for them, but I really don't like fooling with computers. Let it work and I'm happy.

ETA: Doh! I Forgot to migrate bookmarks! Oh well that can wait.

No comments: