Friday, March 11, 2011

Solved: Nvidia Control Panel Will Not Save Color Changes

No matter how many times I adjusted my monitor settings with it, I couldn't get the NVidia control panel to save the settings I wanted. Every time the computer rebooted (daily, shut down every night) the colors would be jacked up again. I read many threads describing various flavors of "reinstall the drivers properly" and "use x program instead" but it boiled down to this:

hold shift when you right-click the Nvidia control panel applet and "run as . . ." a user with administrator privileges. The settings won't save unless you do this.

How hard was that? NVidia is to blame for not letting users know this in a dramatic way when a non-administrator goes to change settings.

1 comment:

DrJest said...

Excellent! I can't believe I didn't think of this before!