Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What is Wrong With You People?

I continue to fail to see the appeal of jogging as a sporting activity. It sucks in every way but one: free cardiovascular exercise. It seems to me that every positive aspect of jogging can be got in better quality and/or quantity with another exercise, for example bicycling which has the added benefit of going fast, Ricky Bobby!

So I have started jogging and I intend to keep it up. When you can't go across the warehouse at a sprint without getting winded, there's a problem. My Darling Wife is 103% on board with the idea as she loves jogging and wishes I were in better trim. She met me outside the house today with the Zoo ready to ride along with us on a jog. Lactic acid, here I come.

********

On the other hand, a fighter doesn't get to be a good one if he doesn't get a few nasty knocks about the head and neck, and as soon as the budget gets to be a little looser, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is in my future. That's going to suck too. Eventually jogging will hurt less, and I will be in better shape.

No comments: