Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Talent Assclown

One of the men where I work shares a firstname with Listing Buddy. The usual method of getting someone's attention around there is to holler a name from across the room. This results in confusion until nicknames are well established.

This morning I called the other fellow and he didn't respond, thinking I was calling Listing Buddy. He said I should just go ahead and call him Guido like the rest of the shop does. I told him I know it's a perfectly legitimate Italian name, but the problem is that Guido makes me think of this guy (not to mention the ethnic slur!):



He laughed and said that guy is probably richer and definitely more famous than him - but he's had the nickname since the 1990s and that guy is a recent phenomenon. A reference to Office Space was made, more LOLing was done, and I said I'd have to revisit the issue. I think based on the Michael Bolton comparison I'm going to have to go ahead and use the nickname the guy at work wants me to use.

I just have to get over calling somebody a nickname with such (for me) negative connotations.

No comments: