Monday, June 13, 2011

Nope, Still Sucks.

We got a treadmill free from one of our sisters from the church. She delivered it and then we went and had an afternoon picnic/swim affair at the lake looking like a Mormon family (me, 2 women, 6 small children). That was Saturday and everybody had a great time. Today I fired up the treadmill for the first time and the time I had was not-great. The treadmill has the advantage of not making me look like a clown running in circles in 101ºF weather outside the house . . . but it's still running in circles and still sucks to do. To be quite clear about this: I jog/run because is is necessary, not because I want to do it.

Then I treated myself afterwards. I followed one of my least favorite activities with one of my most favorite: I finished jogging and flopped down on the floor in the living room. Go figure, nobody asked if I were okay, and nobody called 9-1-1.

One oddity: I had vertigo after I got off the treadmill. Forward-motion vertigo, just a mild case, like a seaman who hasn't his sea legs. That was pretty strange.

No comments: