Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Son Went to A Shau!

Background: when I hear the phrase A Shau, I think of the book Death in the A Shau Valley by Larry Chambers (recommended, by the way). So it was a little surreal hearing my son hollering how he wanted to go to A Shau.

#2, #3, and #4 were running around the living room throwing balls at to each other, and then it was supper time. Then #2 was told to go start the shower. #3 finished eating next and was told likewise to go have a shower. Then #4 got the idea that it is shower time and wanted

n
o
t
h
i
n
g
to do with eating the rest of his meal. I got a few more bites in him but he was pretty much done anyway. When he understood that it was going to be his turn in the tub, he started a forte with A SHAU! A SHAU! and when he was set down, he started running for the bathroom. My darling wife encouraged him to run and laughed at him, which made him A SHAU all the louder.

Good times.

No comments: