Thursday, November 26, 2009

I Tig We Hab Duh Flew.

Either we got it from #3, who sucks on community-use toys in the church nursery, or from my work, where all manner of motley folk run amok.

Sinus congestion, fatigue, mild fever, then on to chest congestion and a fuzzy mind.

Good news: very mild symptoms. I might think it was a cold, but one of the guys who works in the same room with me, who had the symptoms also but never missed any work . . . his wife is down for the count with much-worse symptoms.

For last night and today, my initial response to anything anyone says to me (for which I apologize in advance) is as likely as not to be: "Buh?"

Happy Thanksgiving anyway. At least the weather here is nice.

********

In related news, the latest spin on the relative lack of Novel H1N1 cases being reported is that we have, after one partial flu season and 113 people getting immunized, developed "herd immunity." My take: you're all getting the new influenza, but since it's presenting like a moderately-bad rhinovirus you're not seeking professional help.

No comments: