Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thanks, But . . .

It's Armistice Day. The feel-good weenies who wanted to be incluuuusive can soak their heads, and I'll stick with the original meaning of the day, based on an actual historical event, rather than a warm-fuzzy feeling we get, recognizing everyone who ever put on a reservist's uniform.

"On the eleventh hour
Of the eleventh day
Of the eleventh month
The guns fell silent . . . ."


I'll say you're welcome when you thank me for my service. But if you're wondering what I'm doing for Veterans Day it's about the same thing as I do for Valentine's Day.

So.

Happy Armistice Day. Many happy returns. Maybe next year, we will be at peace. My understanding, however -enlightened by the Bible- is that we will next have worldwide peace under a world dictator, shortly before Jesus comes back to prevent us from blowing the whole thing up when the peace fails.

No comments: