Friday, November 27, 2009

Extra-Fun (Not) Way To Spend The Day: Busted Computer.

My secondary hard drive apparently took a dump. I was up late fooling with the (stupid) computer, and then spent a good deal of time today running a full backup while the computer is functional. Now I get to play musical cables and figure out how to connect the IDE bus so it doesn't give errors without the 2nd hard drive in there.

Yes, IDE. Feel free to buy me a machine with SATA2 and DDR3 or whatever they are up to now. I was looking in the black friday sale ads and they are selling complete systems *with* displays for under $300.

I remember reading PC World when computers were $1000 for a super-cheap one, and the commentators were wondering if we would ever break the $500 barrier for low-end computers.

I guess so, huh?

No comments: