Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Jobs Americans Just Won't Do:

Day Laborer

. . . oh, wait.

That's right folks. Kick enough people out of a job, let them not find a job for a year, and some of the (gasp) Americans with NO source of income (including government handouts) will show up in the Home Depot parking lot.

********

For the record, I have never hired a day laborer. I have, however, made use of volunteered/donated time given to me by people in my family and members of my church. If I ever decided to hire a day laborer, I could go downtown to 1st Labor and get a certified-legal laborer for a decent ("living") wage. If I just had to go get a hand at the Home Depot parking lot, I would require two things:

  • English fluency
  • American CITIZENship. Legal aliens with proof maybe. Illegals, no.

    That's RACIST!

    Go soak your head. Then go look up what a border is supposed to do for a nation.

    Hat tip to Calculated Risk
  • No comments: