Tuesday, November 24, 2009

More V8 CRX Action . . . Updated photos

I mentioned before a couple of Honda CRXs with V8 engines in them. Aside from being rolling death-traps, they're totally sweet. Well, the owner of one of them, Chris Van Den Elzen (VanDenElzen?) tripped over my blog and said hi in comments.

Turns out he has a build thread at www.wishoc.com, with more photos, as well as some videos of a VERY unnatural-sounding CRX. There is also a link to a short magazine article about the car.

For those who are wondering how it looks in half-decent light with better focus, here is Chris's V8 CRX. If you see this car on the street, you'd better have something special if you want to race it. Click to embiggen.

Honda CRX with Chevy Small Block V8

And if you want to see how a V8 should be fitted to the CRX's engine bay, I think this is as good an example as I have seen:

Chevy 350 in Honda CRX

Now if only I can convince him to come convert my Elantra . . .

No comments: