Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Busy Morning, Eh Boys?

My morning commute to work takes me down a twisty two-lane road with woods on the North side and multi-acre front yards on the South side. One of the properties on the South side has a fancy brick entry, which neatly conceals two police motorcycles. So it is (of course) a frequent location for the local PD to raise some money off of speeders with their RADAR guns.

This morning, as I was heading West to work, I was behind one of those motorcycle patrolmen. Having finished writing out a citation, he was going back to hang out with his partner. He had to wait for an oncoming car to pass (headed East) so he could go back into his shady speed trap hiding spot. As the car passed by, the lights on that bike lit up like a blue and red Christmas tree, and he pulled a U-turn right on the road. He was off after the next offender.

(I'm guessing it might have been a case of expired tags or something.)

No comments: