Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Movie Review: Why We Fight (2005)

I finally got around to watching the "Why We Fight" movie made during the regime of the eternally-hated President Bush.

If I had never watched that film, I would never have found out:
  • The US military is full of uneducated losers who couldn't support themselves on their own, without the assistance of parents in the lower socioeconomic class.
  • We didn't win the war in Vietnam
  • The USA is a "democracy"

    Further I would never have known that the primary reasons we are fighting in Iraq are:
  • To further the US Empire
  • For oil
  • To profit the companies who build hardware for the US military.

    I might have been inclined to think that, from WWII through the current wars, there were actual enemies out there, who would like to kill me if they could, and whom we send our troops to fight. I might have thought that Communism was a threat to be resisted by force of arms.

    Bonus points for insulting the intelligence of the viewing audience with cheezy camera work, stock footage shot who-knows-where-or-when but inserted in places calculated to engender sympathy with our enemies

    I left a note in the box when I replaced the DVD: "P.S. please take no notice of the existence of actual ENEMIES"
  • No comments: