Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's Not Unreasonable If WE Do It!

Your right to privacy is about to take another beating, Amendment 4 to the COTUS notwithstanding.

By an overwhelming majority, your Elected Heroes in Congress passed a bill to steal a copy of your DNA. Convicts already get their DNA sampled and stored in a national database. There is arguably a good reason for that. You've got some 'splainin' to do if you want me to agree that there is a reason to be storing DNA samples from people arrested but not convicted.

What have you to fear, comrade? What are you hiding from the benevolent State?

Of course, if the police were to arrest me, and then try to take a DNA sample from me without a signed warrant, I'd be going into the 'convicts' database anyway for at least attempting to lay a beat-down on somebody trying to steal the very most private thing I used to be able to keep to myself.

And did you hear of this story on tonight's newscast?

No comments: