Tuesday, May 11, 2010

BP Seen With Fork Sticking Out Its Back

I watched video of Lamar McKay of British Petrolium, in today's testimony before the Senate, put BP on the hook for approximately a quajillion and a half dollars.

"we will pay it" was a common response to Senatrix Cantwell's questions about what sorts of damages for which BP acknowledges being responsibility. McKay did balk at the undefined "long term" damage to Gulf of Mexico fishing industries, and lost TAX revenue to the federal government. But he was quick to reply to pretty much every other sort of damages, that BP will pay all claims.

I'm not sure there is enough money in the coffers at BP to survive paying those claims. Until I watched McKay testifying under oath, I had thought it might be saying a bit much that this spill might be the end of British Petroleum. Now I think it just might be.

Ouch.

No comments: