Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well Thanks For Thinking Of Me, But . . .

I got an e-mail from Congressman Joe Courtney today, and the title was something about filing a claim for disaster relief, subsequent to recent flooding in his district. I didn't open it because:

  • He's not my Congressman (2nd District of Connecticut is a ways from Texas)
  • The flooding didn't affect my area
  • I didn't sign up for his e-mail list
  • I didn't ask for assistance regarding the flood damage I didn't suffer

    Something smelled phishy, so I called his D.C. office and let them know what had happened. I expect to hear nothing back from them. Fun factoid: I also get spam e-mail from a brother in the US Army, from his army email address, AND from myself from my primary email address to my primary email address. Moral of the story:

    If you e-mail me (at the address on the bottom of the page) make sure the title lets me know your e-mail isn't spam or phishing, or it goes straight to /dev/null without being opened.
  • No comments: