Thursday, May 28, 2009

HOLY [deleted] That Was Some Bad Traffic!

I got to work a good 50 minutes late, having left in time to be on time or a minute or two early. Traffic was *stopped* from before I get on I-35 (Grand Ave. Pkwy) to the exit ramp I use to get off the highway (FM3406). The frontage was a hair faster, so I got off and took the surface streets. . . and there was a wreck right next to me as people were trying to fit 3 cars into 2 lanes with a guardrail on the side. THEN I was about to turn on to Sam Bass Rd. and the car that was behind me thought the box truck next to me was taking off faster, but they didn't think about the lurching starts trucks make, so they were about 1.5 feet from a collision right next to me also!

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Police, fire, ambulances, hazmat crew AND a TV camera truck with its boom all the way up. For a crashed paint truck. WM says the news said it was water-based paint, but around here they're probably all worried about the three-toed gecko or whatever, so the news on my radio said they would be there until NOON at least because they won't use a fire hose and spray the [deleted] into the ditch and call it a job.

********

I wish I had my camera with me today. Anyhow, I typed this up to email to my manager, but he came in and got the in-person story straight from the horse's mouth. Oh well.

No comments: