Thursday, May 28, 2009

Felt Like Choking Somebody Out This Morning

On the *ahem* reading chair I had a look at the back cover of the most recent National Geographic Magazine.

Allstate is promoting communism. Oh, sure, they say it's for the children and for safety and everything. I'm sure they would mention apple pie and The Flag if you talked about it with their PR department on the phone.

The upshot is, to prevent the self-inflicted deaths of just over 100 teenagers per state, per year, they want to remove yet another liberty from the States and have a Federal Law mandating a graduated drivers licensing scheme.

The Safe Teens And Novice Drivers Uniform Protection Act of 2009: STANDUP (for fascism!) act. I'm going to look into it and I may be calling my Elected Heroes and telling them I'm against it.

No comments: