Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Recession Is Really Affecting My Pocketbook Now.

Last night I went to Walgreens to pick up some wal-itin (the generic 10mg Loratadine they carry) and I was glad I had been putting off picking up a fresh bottle.

Now, Wal-itin is usually a pretty good value compared to Claritin or Alavert but this was really something else. They had a 90-pill bottle for $32. Right next to the price sign for that was the sign for the 150-pill bottle. The 150-pill bottle was on sale for $25. Right next to the boxes of 150-pill bottles were some boxes with 240 pills. That is, 150 pills with "90 FREE!!!!1!". There was no price for the 240-pill bottle. The cashier informed me that the 240ct. was the same price as the 150ct.

That is, instead of $0.35/pill, they're $0.10/pill. Hey, thanks Mr. Recession!

No comments: