Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ai Ween. Fahk Yoo.

Backstory: my car has some trouble keeping traction in first and the bottom part of second gear. I have to feather the clutch or it's going to spin a wheel.

I stopped at a traffic light (red, of course) on a two-lane street. A few hundred yards down the road, it merges to one lane. There is no traffic to speak of, and it's not a residential area nearby. A Suburban or Tahoe pulled up alongside of me. The light went green and I feathered the clutch more than usual, to get going. It must have sounded like a boy ricer challenge, and the driver of the truck accepted, trying to pull ahead of me through first gear.

~ Oh know yew di'int! ~

I held second a bit longer than usual. That truck must have had a V6 or something, because it was way back there by the time I hit the merge. Oh, and to top it off, they made a right turn off the (now 1 lane each direction) street a half-mile down the road. They tried to cut me off, just to make me almost-stop while they turned.

********

Yes, street racing is stupid. We'll talk about that on your next smoke break . . . .

No comments: