Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Think I'm Being Ripped Off.

At glockfaq.com there is a picture of a Missouri State Highway Patrol special Glock:

Photobucket

Credit is given to Steve Kelley for the photo.

Now don't get me wrong, I could be wrong, but it looks an awful lot like a picture I took when I didn't know how to work my then-new-to-me digital camera, a couple of years ago. There you see an image with no flash, and a light above and almost behind the photographer's head, trying to catch some contrast to show the badge. Head and camera cast their shadows, and the light has an orange color to it. Plus there is some camera shake because of a very slow shutter speed.

Below, you see an image with the flash on. Tell me they are not suspiciously similar.

Photobucket

I have since started keeping copies of all my outgoing emails, but I know I sent a pile of MOHP glock photos to "somebody" and got no response. It could have been glockfaq, Mr. Kelley, or your uncle Sally, for all I know. The email I sent is gone to /dev/null by now. Unfortunately for my sense of righteous indignation, so are all the lower-quality images of my Glock from that photo session, including the full-sized original of the first one here with the shadow of my head and camera, as well as the camera shake, messing up the shot.

The white backdrop, by the way, is the hood of my car. The orange light is an incandescent bulb in the garage door opener.

No comments: