Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spain vs. USA

~or~ The Third World Has An Advantage Over Us!

Once, while I was stationed in the South of Spain, I saw an amusing sight. A man on a moped. With two children on the moped also. He was driving the moped with one hand while his other hand restrained a chicken in a basket in front of the handlebars. The chicken was not happy.

Nobody said anything to him, and nobody ever will, because in this respect at least, Spain wins over America: They let you take some of your own risks instead of legislating them out of your opportunity.

In the USA, that man would be arrested for Endangering a Child and cited for Animal Cruelty and Transporting Livestock Without A License. Is it any wonder that everyone in America "needs" a CAR with a TRUNK?

Don't whine at me about how greedy/evil/wasteful I am with my minivan, unless you are willing to allow me to drag my family, pets, and luggage, on a home-made trailer behind a bike spewing blue smoke.

No comments: