Friday, September 25, 2009

DIY: "Thirty-Ought-Switch" Shell Casing Switch Operator

Part of my job is photographing stuff we are going to sell. I have a small light for G.P. over my bench, and a BUNCH of lights for when I take pictures of stuff on the bench. The switch for the shooting lights is under the bench on a power strip. The toggle for the switch was inconveniently small.

Was.

Light Switch Shell Casing .30-06

It's a regular light switch like you might have on your wall at home; you could probably do this to any power or light switch, but it's not something most women would be okay with. It does require scraping a little material off the corners of the switch operator, so a return to "pretty enough for a woman" would require replacement of the switch. This might be better suited for a hunting lodge or workshop light than, say, a living room light.

.30-06, in case you were wondering. 7.62x39mm should work but it would be shorter (I wanted something easy to operate without looking down). Ditto for 7.62x25, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x51.

I've been using this for a couple of days and I really, really like it.

No comments: