Tuesday, April 21, 2009

BAG Day 2009 (Late Edition)

I managed to find a Smith & Wesson 619A for a price that was essentially a token, so it would be a sale and not a gift, because the previous owner wanted it to go to a Good Home. It came to me the week after Buy A Gun Day, and I learned of its existence because of BAG day discussions so I say it counts for a BAG day purchase, especially if we give Tam credit for her early BAG Day gun.

Photobucket

Sure it's a 619A and they have their reputation, but this one works. The seller claims to have had no problems in 200 or so rounds - and before it was his, it was a police gun. It hadn't been cleaned in *mumblemumble* years but I gave it a quick clean/lube and it cycles smooooooth now. Ejection of a shell casing is VERY positive with a full magazine. I like the short barrel, I like the wood, I like the big Smith crest on the side. And for the price, I even like a 619A.

I think I have a new trunk gun.

No comments: