Saturday, April 18, 2009

Baby's Hand Trapped In The Refrigerator Door!

(about 1/2 hour after #1 made herself a bowl of cereal)
  • VFD: #1, Milk goes bad when it's left out of the refrigerator
  • #1 puts the milk back in the reefer as I get the cereal I want from the pantry
  • The refrigerator door closes, and I opened it again to get the milk. I poured some into my bowl of cereal and #3 grabbed a yogurt off the top shelf
  • VFD: #3, put it back.
  • #3 considers his order
  • #3 puts yogurt on bottom shelf in the refrigerator
  • VFD: That's right put it back
  • #3 considers his goal
  • #3 looks at yogurt, then at shelves
  • #3 puts yogurt on top shelf
  • VFD: Good boy, now clear the refrigerator! (pushes on baby's forehead) Back back back back!
  • #3 backs out of the refrigerator and I turn around
  • #3: mm! uh! im! ah! UH! UH! UH!

    My Darling Wife and I turned around and saw that #3 was just slow enough on his extraction to allow his little thumb on one hand to get caught in the magnetic latch/seal around the refrigerator door. It doesn't close hard but it holds fast, and he was freaked out. My Darling Wife swept in for the rescue and he cried for a second because he was scared by the fridge not turning loose of him.

    That's life, son, and be glad you had a rapid reaction force on standby.
  • No comments: