Friday, April 17, 2009

Thoughts On A Christian Army

It would be a constant source of blessing to be in an army that was from a country that was, and in an army that was full of men who were, intentionally, avowedly, devotedly, Christian.

Can you imagine double-timing to a field exercise, with a hundred boots coming down in exact rythym, and the cadence is called out:

Je-sus-loves-me-this-I-know
and the men echoing
Je-sus-loves-me-this-I-know
For-the-bi-ble-tells-me-so
(echo) For-the-bi-ble-tells-me-so
Lit-tle-ones-to-him-be-long
(echo)Lit-tle-ones-to-him-be-long

and then a reminder that even 6'7" 320lbs bulletproof bricks of men should, with rifles, ammunition, and 80lbs of other equipment on their backs as they run, sing out proudly:
I-am-weak-but-heis-strong
I-am-weak-but-heis-strong


********

In combat, you would know you had a decisive advantage (like the founders of our country did) and if one of your men bought it, you would know he had gone to Heaven. A non-Christian won't understand, but that alone is a huge comfort.

No comments: