Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Joke About Austin Drivers

Drivers in Central Texas are TERRIBLE about tailgating. I mean, in the space that should be between two cars on the highway, there are 5 cars instead of empty air. Literally. It is not uncommon to see people following within single-digits of feet at 70MPH.

I counted; between where I get on IH-35 after church, to where I get off (about 10 miles) there were THIRTY THREE places where tiremarks told on someone who had either spun out or braked across multiple lanes of traffic. It would have been more than double that if I counted places where tire marks told me a panic stop had taken place.

********

The joke? Oh, sorry.

The reason people in Austin tailgate so much is because there is an enthusiastic following for the UT Longhorns Football program. They like having parties in the parking lot before the games. They like them so much they try to do it all the time:

TAILGATING!

********

ok, not funny I know. Unless you say it to someone in the car in Austin right after you saw some dumbassery on the highway involving tailgating.

No comments: