Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sometimes I Want To Go Back

Sometimes, I feel bad that my time of active duty service was during peacetime. The war was just starting to pop off when I was getting out. It was an honorable service. I did my job well, whatever it was I had to do at the time. . . but I feel like I haven't really done my bit.

I want to go back in, but not to the Navy. I want to be a Marine or a Soldier, an infantry type this time, so I can go give the Tangoes a message in person.

But this is a decision that must be gravely considered, with much prayer, and taken with the consent of one's spouse. I seriously doubt I would get that consent.

********

So I'm doing my part here instead. Spread the good word and support the men however I can. Unfortunately due to being broke, that's not going to be financially or with goodies, but I can do what all other Christians can (and should) do. I can pray. That is more than adding a full division to the front line (which I wish we would), that is asking for the Maker's help. With God on your side, you win. Without Him, you lose.

No comments: