Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Childish Shock is Classic Humor

I hope she grows out of it*, but #1 has about zero Situational Awareness sometimes. Today, she started to give me a hard time about cleaning her cat's litter box because the light wouldn't come on in the bathroom (where the litter box is). She walked in to show me how behind-the-news I was, and flipped the switch as she was speaking:

". . .but daddy, the light won't come GASP!" (On comes the light)

********

The light was burned out for the last 2 days, and we were using the adjacent hallway light to illumine the restroom at night (there's plenty of light from the window in the day time). I changed the light tonight. While she was home. Her brother had just been on the can with the door shut. It's not dramatically obvious, but I hope I can train her to think or at least wait to speak, a little better than this!

********

*Not everyone does. Every once in a while, people in the aviation industry (especially military aviation) get turned into red mist by aircraft engines, because they just weren't paying attention to what was going on around them. Just standing up can be hazardous, under the right conditions.

No comments: