Monday, December 14, 2009

". . . I Don't Have The Votes In Congress . . ."

"Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress. This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns."

-Candidate Barack Hussein Obama

If you still believe BHO doesn't mind you having your own guns, go read this here about what your United States Attorney General wants to do. Obama was lying then, and he is waiting now.

Why not have a gun registry? I mean, Canada had one and it is being dismantled already! Maybe nothing bad will come of it, and it could bring some Public Safety. . .

The reason to not have a Gun Registry in America is that we have the example of history to fear (and anticipate). This is not an hypothetical exercise, this is a reiteration of past events:
"Thus, through existing police records generated by the laws and decrees of the Weimar Republic, the Nazi regime was able to correlate the registration lists of firearm owners and Jews and, having identified Jews who possessed arms, to confiscate their weapons and arrest them. Just weeks after the above arrests, the pogrom known as the Night of the Broken Glass took place in which thousands of Jews would be disarmed and placed in concentration camps. Jews thereby could not use arms to resist the coming deprivations, deportations, and eventual genocide."
(emphasis mine)

But I'm a Good German American! They wouldn't do me any harm!

Tell that to this family. Oh wait, you can't because they were killed in an effort to enforce gun confiscation subsequent to gun registration. Yes the whole family, including the children.

But go ahead, support a national gun registry. For the children!

No comments: