Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Burger King Marketing: Great Success!

I'm not sure I quite get the huge-plastic-headed Burger King from BK's latest advertising campaign, but that's okay. I'm also not insane (the voices tell me so) so that's okay as well. You're okay, I'm okay. It's all okay.

What apparently is not okay, is when you make a very-mild joke about the fact that some people are raving loonies. The mental health people are all bent out of shape for some reason. Of course, you're known by the company you keep, and the people who find this ad "blatantly offensive" probably spend a lot of time hanging around with (as Alice said) "Mad People" so it may have rubbed off a bit.

As far as Burger King is concerned, this ad is a smash hit. The news feeds have picked up their name and published their low-low prices all over the place, where people (like me) who never saw the commercial, will now see it. I thought the flames as he ran down the hallway, and indeed the whole spot, were rather silly.

"Blatantly offensive" don't get me started. I'll hook you up with some blatantly offensive if you really want, but this here ain't it!

No comments: