Saturday, April 24, 2010

How Immediately Would You Like Air Conditioning?

My Darling Wife and I were discussing the need for immediate replacement of at least part of our air conditioning system and she said to me:

DW: Like next year? How Immediately?
VFD: How immediately would you like to have air conditioning?
DW: Oh.

Our home air conditioner has likely conditioned its last air. The compressor sucks, but it doesn't give any high-side pressure. This is a Very Bad Thing. It's slightly worse because it's an R-22 system and (thanks, Congress!) we can't get parts for it anymore, by Federal law.

So I'm looking into where I can get a replacement without getting an extra screw, if you take my meaning. Please excuse the lack of content at VoteForDavid tonight.

This, by the way, following my fun with the guest restroom toilet today. The one that was loose on the floor. Again. You know, the one on which, when I was tightening the mounting bolt to secure it to the flange, the bolt snapped and I had to drain, disassemble, and remove the toilet again to fit the older, larger, stronger bolt? Yeah, that toilet. Three times I had it on and off its mounting flange in the floor today. It's not too dirty because I just did this a few months (a year? time flies) ago, but it's not all that light.

Plus yardwork.

Plus disassembly and cleaning of a clogged dishwasher last night.

So I've been busy. Please pretend some pithy commentary was found here and check back tomorrow night.

Thanks Jesus for the skills to do this sort of work. I can't imagine how people get by who can't.

No comments: