Friday, April 9, 2010

Madness @ Work

This will be funnier for ex-military types, especially for ex-sailors or Marines. MM was a Marine and I was in the Navy.

I had an 18" x 18" square padding-sandwich thing comprising a sheet of corrugated cardboard, 2" of grey foam, and another sheet of cardboard. The whole thing looked like it would be able to take a pretty good hit (which is why it was packing material for the thing it was in a box protecting). MM came walking by just as this thought occurred to me.

VFD: Hey you wanna do something amusing?
MM: What?
VFD: (holds up the cardboard/foam thing in front of his chest, at arms length)
VFD: Punch this.
MM: (Taps the thing with maybe 0.5lbs of force)
VFD: Aw, c'mon!
MM: That's all I got.
VFD: Well, I did hear you were a Marine . . .
MM: Easy, squid.
VFD: :-D

No comments: