Monday, April 26, 2010

Local Policeman (Nearly) Murdered On Duty!

The other day as I was cleaning my car, a stray dog (gray lab/poodle mix) came up to see what I was doing. I noted that she was clean, groomed, friendly, and in good health, and called her over. She came and was as well-behaved as I had supposed, and I grabbed her. No collar. The power cord for my vacuum cleaner made a decent impromptu leash/collar. I had #1 get me the phone and in a couple of minutes, Podunkville's finest was on the way. As Officer Friendly was taking his zippy adjustable leash out of the trunk of his cruiser, a fellow came around the corner of the street and claimed the dog as his own, an escapee from the backyard where they were going in and out, working. The COP told the dog owner to return the leash to the P.D. after he got the dog home, and everybody went on their merry ways.

This is NOT related to the title of the post, VFD!

Sure it is. Little Brother was in my pocket the whole time. An innocent child, a dog, a Policeman, and a random dog owner all came within single-digits of feet of a loaded gun.

So?

So nobody was killed. In fact, nobody but #1 and I even knew it was there (and she's trained not to mention it).

Normal people carry guns while going about their daily lives. Carry your guns, people!

No comments: