Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Importance of Preventative Maintenance

Air Conditioner Version.

My air conditioner compressor was locked up and the house was 83º inside. Fortunately, God saw me coming home from work and arranged for some light rain and wind (thank you very much) and it was actually cooler outside than inside the house.

My neighbor came over and found me in the middle of rinsing out the condenser coils (turn off the power, and gently rinse from the inside of the coils to wash the stuff OUT). Then we cleaned out the return air filters. Then, will wonders never cease, we had superheat!

Cooling air was 61º at the vents in a couple of minutes. I knew "you really oughtta" but I didn't know it would make that much of a difference. Thanks again to Jesus for another $0 repair.

Now I need to get some coil cleaning spray and some new filters . . .

********

Update 3 hours later: Nevermind. Our next door neighbor and the other neighbor across the street had the same problem. There was a power surge, the power went out, and then the A/C stopped working. 2 of us have cooling and one is calling ARS Service Express. Is it a coincidence that the head of the household making a call is not a Christian?

No comments: