Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Television, It Fears Me.

We are using a borrowed television set that was our neighbors' primary TV until they upgraded to the new hotness. It's an aging 31" CRT that's no longer good enough to pull in signal over the airwaves (we use cable). After a lightning storm a while back, every once in a while the vertical deflection goes out, and all you get is a horizontal line or maybe a scrunched up picture. So we're back to 1963 and "honey go bang on the side of the television set, will you please?"

Earlier, my Darling Wife and I were watching the idiot box together and it started acting up. I got up and told it, "I'm gonna murder you," and reached down for my Glock.

Right when I got a firing grip, before I drew the pistol, the television fixed itself.

You had to be there, but if you were (and I was) it was pretty funny. Sometimes my Darling Wife shoots it with her finger-gun and the children are very impressed by that.

No comments: