Thursday, August 6, 2009

Move? Me? Away From Texas? HA!

I overheard a conversation about me as I was walking by a co-worker's workstation. This particular fellow doesn't see the use in being outspoken about politics, which is fine. He was asking rhetorically, if I want to make a difference, why not move to a swing state like Ohio? The other party in this conversation was working, nodding, and giving an acknowledging "mm-hmm" every once in a while to keep the conversation alive. When it came to this part in the conversation, however, he paused in his labors and said "Fuck Ohio." and resumed working.

Nothing against Ohio or the people there, but it ain't Texas. There are good arguments both ways, but I'm not moving just for political influence (unless it's to D.C., having become an Elected Hero myself). Give me Texas.

No comments: